Sunday, August 30, 2009

Ms. Wheelchair America - 2nd Runner Up!!!



Tonight, I placed in the Top 5 in the Ms. Wheelchair America pageant and received the honor of being chosen as 2nd Runner Up!! My good friend, Erika Bogan (Ms. Wheelchair North Carolina) was crowned the new Ms. Wheelchair America 2010! I am so proud of her!

Each woman deserved the honor, and I am so thankful for this fantastic experience. I have walked away with great memories, amazing friendships, and a new found sense of self due to this program. It will be one I will never forget.

The 4th Runner Up was Ms. Wheelchair Utah, 3rd Runner Up was Ms. Wheelchair Michigan, 2nd Runner Up was Ms. Wheelchair California (me), and 1st Runner Up was Ms. Wheelchair Washington.

Enjoy the pictures!!!

Top 5 (L-R): Ms. Washington, Ms. Michigan, Ms. Utah, Ms. California, and Ms. North Carolina


Me being announced that I received 2nd Runner Up and accepting my plaque and flowers. So happy!


Erika being announced as the next Ms. Wheelchair America!

Michelle Colvard, MWA 2009, and me and the newly crowned Ms. Wheelchair America 2010, Erika Bogan!

Erika asked me to call her friends and family to share the good news with them. I was so excited to be able to share with them that she won Ms. Wheelchair America!

Angela Miller, Ms. Wheelchair DC, won Achievement Award. I was SO proud of her for receiving this honor!!

Interviews immediately afterwards with the documentary crew along with the local public radio stations. This is me with 3rd Runner Up, Ms. Wheelchair Michigan.



1st Runner Up, Ms. Wheelchair Washington, and me, 2nd Runner Up.

Me and my mom! She was so proud of me, and by the end of the week, she became a great photographer!! :)

Me with three of the judges!! What a hard job they had, but I was so thankful to spend this week with them as they learned more about me and my advocacy. I only wish I could have heard their story! :)



3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Alyson! You look beautiful, and I'm so glad it was such a great experience for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Allyson. I am so very proud of you. I know your mom is very proud of you also. You look very beautiful. You are truly amazing.

    Jo Conrad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Julie and Jo! I am extremely proud of ALL of my accomplishments, and God has definitely designed everything for a purpose. I was so, so grateful to have my mom there with me that week! I couldn't have done it without her.

    ReplyDelete