Saturday, May 23, 2009

Reading of the Roll - Memorial Day Weekend



Today, Alyson Roth had the opportunity to participate in a very significant event at the Riverside National Cemetery for the "Reading of the Roll."  She was one of 500 volunteers scheduled to read over 450,000 names over the period of 8 days, 24 hours a day. 

Alyson said, "It was a very moving experience for me.  As I read each name, I couldn't help but think about what that person sacrificed for our country and for our freedom.  I also thought about my grandfather and his contribution to service during WWII.  I'm extremely proud of all those who serve in our military.  What a wonderful way to spend Memorial Day Weekend!"

To read more about the "Reading of the Roll," click here for the article.  





(Ruthee Goldkorn and Alyson Roth)











No comments:

Post a Comment