Friday, January 8, 2010

Making Someone's Day

I was so excited to make a presentation at Top of the World Elementary School in Laguna Beach, CA on behalf of Free Wheelchair Mission, however I also had a very special meeting afterwards with a very special girl!

Each of the students below have been raising money for a wheelchair to give to someone in a developing country ($59.20 per wheelchair) and typically this school raises enough for almost 30 wheelchairs! Hopefully this year, they will raise even more! Their campaign ends right before Valentine's Day.

But after my presentation, I had a very special meeting with a beautiful girl named Alexa. She was told that I was coming, and the smile didn't leave her face the entire time! She was so excited to meet me!!

She told me her favorite thing to do was read. What a precious girl, and I feel as if I was more blessed to be in her presence than she may have been to be in mine!

I asked her if she'd like to try my crown on, and her face lit up! She couldn't believe it! Doesn't she look beautiful?

Afterwards, I signed a picture for her telling her to keep reaching for her dreams and to never give up. As you can see in her face in the picture below, she was in awe that she got to have a signed picture of me, too! So cute!


Thank you, Top of the World Elementary School, for allowing me to "Make a Wish," in a sense, to this beautiful girl. I can tell she's going to go far in her life with the spirit of perseverance and determination! Alexa, you are awesome, and I hope to see you competing in the Ms. Wheelchair California pageant when you turn 21 years old!

No comments:

Post a Comment